Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Love Dare: Day 13

Love Dare - Day 13

Talk with your spouse about establishing healthy rules of engagement. If your mate is not ready for this, then write out your own personal rules to “fight” by. Resolve to abide by them when the next disagreement occurs.If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand.



Mark 3:25 (NIV)

If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand.



We havent gotten into an argument in some time (about a month) and I dont plan on doing so any time soon. So I'd rather not bring this up right now and make a big deal of it. While reading the Official Love Dare Journal website I noticed someone referenced Stephen R. Covey’s book The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. I think I will adopt these rules as my own and hope that Mr Wonderful will see them and start to share the same rules...eventually I'll tell him about them.



1. I will seek first to understand, then to be understood

2. I will never raise my voice in anger or frustration

3. I will look for and own up to my own faults in any given situation



On another note. Yesterday I made an appointment to meet with a counselor. I had asked Mr Wonderful about us seeing someone and he got all defensive, as usual, only to find out later on that he was reacting this way because he thought I was saying our marriage was in trouble and I was attacking him. When in all reality, it may have started that way, but the more I dwell on it the more I realize its something in me that needs work. Something in me needs worked out. Once that happens we can move on to us. Never did I imagine marriage would be such work.

No comments: