Thursday, January 13, 2011

Love dare: Day 2

Day one wasnt tough, as I thought, it was an easy way to start this project...

Day 2: Do at least one unexpected gesture to your spouse as an act of kindness

Ephesians 4:32 (NIV) Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

So when I originally did this dare my focus of this scripture was to BE forgiving...I guess at that time I felt Mr Wonderful had done things that were deserving of forgivness. Now that I re-read the text I see something a little different. In spite of the fact that we ALL need forgivness for our vengful thoughts that are just as bad as murder, our sinful hearts that on a daily basis reject God's word, when we totally ignore God even though He took a beating and died for us...HE still forgives us. So when our spouse has hurtful words, or cold shoulders, or snippy remarks or just lack of interest, WHY than cant we forgive? After all these are minor infractions compared to what we as supposed "Christians" do to the Lord and Savior on a daily basis. Forgivness accompanied by kindness and compassion should be easy for us. Therefore tomorrow, when I get home from work I will do something kind for my husband...he is a "words of affirmation" person so I guess that is what I'll do, shower him with kind words.

No comments: