Sunday, May 8, 2011

Its not THAT complicated

Ok, so contrary to my last post it really isnt THAT complicated. I changed my mind, which I am allowed to do since I am a multi-fasited female. I cry and laugh, often at the same time, I rage and feel sad, again, often at the same time. But many things in my life arent really that complicated.



As I mentioned in my previous post, when a woman flat out tells you what she wants you should listen. Putting your own spin on it isnt going to help you. Its going to make you look self-absorbed and uninterested in what she is saying. When she says "I want a day at the spa for my birthday" giving her a Ped Egg isnt the answer. When she says "I wanna go on a date to the theather" going to Pizza Hut and the bowling alley isnt the answer. Give her what she wants or dont give her anything at all.



Now there is something to be said about being gratful for what you get. When you ask for a new purse and dont get a Gucci but get a Gucci knockoff at least he tried. When you ask for flowers and he comes home with a boquet of the $5 roses of the side of the highway, at least he tried. But when a specific request is made and seemingly overlooked by your man presenting a completly differnt item/action/behavior that is when the self-absortion comes in and the man looks like a tool.


Of course this is all my personal opinion, so hopefully my husband will read this, but all those times your wife/girlfriend/mother/lover/chick friend said "just do what I say" or "listen to me and life will be easier" or something along those lines, if you actually did it, you'd be amazed at the results!

No comments: