Saturday, June 6, 2009

Love Dare: Day 22

Love dare - day 22
Love is a choice, not a feeling. It is an initiated action, not a knee-jerk reaction. Choose today to be committed to love even if your spouse has lost most of their interest in receiving it. Say to them today in words similar to these, “I love you. Period. I choose to love you even if you don’t love me in return.”


Hosea 2:20 (NIV)
I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness. Then you will know the Lord.


I thought this exact thought the other day. I have to choose to love him, even though marriage is hard and even though there are times he flat out pisses ticks me off beyond belief. I know a lot of my issues have come from my total dependence on him to provide me with joy and entertainment. And when he failed to do so it affected our relationship. It isnt fair, but when we came out here we were isolated from friends and family. At first it was fun, being here, having only us, depending on ourselves out carve out our own lil niche in this state. But I think it eventually became taxing for us both. He was too busy to do for me and I was tired of only having him. Even if that was all subconscious. Even if it was very conscious. I mean, think about it...two grown people, having minimal interaction with anyone but each other. Eventually that would ware on anyones nerves. Add in our own marital issues and this "adventure" was doomed from the start. But I'm glad we gave it a try, I'm glad we came out here and did our thing. It tested us as a couple and as individuals.

However, we're going home now. YAY! Cant tell you how happy that makes me. And Monkey Face. She cried when I told her we were going back home. I'm looking forward to meeting his new family member. Mr Wonderful's cousin had a baby girl, she's adorable. I'm also excited to see his grandparents, as my own grandparents sucked. My grandfather wanted nothing to do with us and my grandmother made little attempt. And of course I cant wait to see MY family and friends. I already have a lunch date with my girls at Olive Garden. Cant beat the soup, salad and bread stick deals! ^_^ My little sister also needs some attention. OH and my nephew...did I mention I'm excited?! Cant wait!

No comments: