Thursday, June 18, 2009

Love Dare: day 30

Day 30:
Isolate one area of division in your marriage, and look on today as a fresh opportunity to pray about it. Ask the Lord to reveal anything in your own heart that is threatening oneness with your spouse. Pray that He would do the same for them. And if appropriate, discuss this matter openly, seeking God for unity.


John 17:11 (NIV)
Father, keep them in Your name, the name which You have given Me, that they may be one even as We are.

Thankfully Mr Wonderful and I are not like may others who are taking this dare. We arent on the verge of divorce. We're newlyweds, actually, and although we have tough times I believe its because we're still learning. I mean, he went from swingin' bachelor to husband and father of a 10yo drama queen and a newborn milk monster! I'm sure the poor man wants to run and hide on a regular basis. Than add in the fact that I was pregnant for half or our short relationship which included (more) drama, hormones, crying, worries about health for me and Piglet...I can go on but I digress. Mr Wonderful IS wonderful. He has handled our life, thus far, pretty well for a spoiled-selfserving only child ;)...as well as one can. Now dont get me wrong, he still has a lot of work to do. But I give him credit for doing what he's doing. I love him very much.

SO, with that said, I dont see a place of division in our marriage. I'll pray on it but I dont see one at the moment. We disagree on things but its nothing thats going to cause a division in our marriage.

No comments: