Thursday, June 11, 2009

Love dare: day 26

Love dare - day 26
Take time to pray through your areas of wrongdoing. Ask for God’s forgiveness, then humble yourself enough to admit them to your spouse. Do it sincerely and truthfully. Ask your spouse for forgiveness as well. No matter how they respond, make sure you cover your responsibility in love. Even if they respond with criticism, accept it by receiving it as counsel.


Romans 2:1 HCSB
When you judge another, you condemn yourself, since you, the judge, do the same things.

Areas of wrongdoing... I'm not perfect but I cant place my finger on my areas of wrongdoing. I started this love dare because Mr Wonderful was acting like a complete @ss and I couldnt stand to be around him. But I didnt want my marriage to end and I didnt want my family to suffer and most of all, I wasnt willing to say I failed....and during the whole time he was acting like an @ss I wasnt acting much better. **LIGHTBULB** My area of wrong doing was "nagging" him (although *I* wouldnt call it that, he would) and arguing with him when in reality I should have been trying to talk to him more. He even told me that I've become a "nagging wife" ::GASP!:: something I NEVER wanted to become. I will apologize to him for that. Tonight when I get home from work I'll sit with him and apologize for my abhorrent behavior.

No comments: