Thursday, May 14, 2009

Love Dare: Day 10

Love Dare - Day 10
Do something out of the ordinary today for your spouse. Something that proves (to you and to them) that your love is based on your choice and nothing else. Demonstrate love to them for the sheer joy of being their partner in marriage.


Romans 5:8 (NIV)
8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Yesterday I sent Mr Wonderful an e-card...

My husband,

I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate everything you do. You've been so helpful and so wonderful. You're a great dad and a great husband and I'm thankful you're in my life. I'm proud of you for starting this new job. I know its not exactly what you wanted but you enjoy it and more importantly you're doing it for us. You're being super dad and taking care of the baby while I'm at work, even when you're tired or wanting to do other things (like guitar or SLEEP!). And just by you helping a little bit around the house means A LOT to me. I can breath a little easier knowing that you're there to help me and I dont have to try and do it alone. I value you and our marriage and our family so very very much.

You're my best friend and I love you !


I did a lil combo deal. I told him how thankful I was for his positive attributes (day 7) of being a wonderful husband and father AND for helping around the house. And told him I was proud of him committing to a job he wasnt so hot for (day 8). He really enjoyed the card, he thanked me several times. So I'm glad that I was able to make him feel good and let him know I recognize his hard work.

I had to look for inspiration in order to complete this challenge...ok, I cheated. But I was completely dumb-founded as to what I was going to do. The original woman I got this idea from said that for her 10th day she was going to provide physical intimacy for her husband and she was going to make sure he enjoyed himself. Mr Wonderful and I are intimate on a regular basis and thanks to our connectivity we both enjoy it thoroughly, so that was out of the question. I found a website dedicated to the Love Dare and there were numerous entries from readers on how they completed their challenges. I got the idea from someone there, when I get home today I'm going to clean out the inside of Mr Wonderful's car. Ha ha...when we 1st met Mr Wonderful would clean the car with a fine-tooth comb and apologize for the "mess" if there was a gum wrapper in the ash tray. NOW??...oh boy...a family of roaches could comfortably live in the back seat, under the Mt Dew bottles, Chik-Fil-A wrappers and scratch paper.

No comments: