Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Love Dare: Day 13

Love Dare - Day 13
Talk with your spouse about establishing healthy rules of engagement. If your mate is not ready for this, then write out your own personal rules to “fight” by. Resolve to abide by them when the next disagreement occurs.


Mark 3:25 (NIV)
If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand.

Nope, you're not seeing things, I've gone back to day 13. I was in the process of writing day 17 when Mr Wonderful and I got into a big argument. His temper is always a source of frustration for me and though I try to control my own temper, when I am pushed I tend to say hurtful things. And because I didnt lay the ground rules ahead of time we didnt fight fair. But I emailed him a lil while ago and told him we need a list of rules... I added more to the ones I already commited to:

1. I will seek first to understand, then to be understood
2. I will never raise my voice in anger or frustration
3. I will look for and own up to my own faults in any given situation
4. No mocking
5. No cussing
6. No hurtful comments

Sounds like we're back in kindergarten! lol But the basics of life are usually all you need. Mr Wonderful agreed that we need to work on that so hopefully we can keep each other accountable for that.

No comments: