Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Love Dare: Day 2

Day 2: Do at least one unexpected gesture to your spouse as an act of kindness
Ephesians 4:32 (NIV)
32Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.


Today's passage seems to focus on forgivness. So I'm wondering if my act of forgivness, prompted by outside sources, counts as an act of kindness...I think since it was prompted by strangers on the internet it doesnt really count. I was upset with my WH because of a discussion we had before bed last night. Or wait, what about feeding the baby before I left for work? I usually make him get up to feed Piglet before I leave because I'm getting ready and dont have time (how bad am I??). But because he worked until 10pm last night and got up with the baby a few hours before, I let him sleep and I fed the baby. Even though it made me a lil late for work. But I DID enjoy the cuddle time with my boy so maybe that doesnt count either. It has to be something totally about him...

I'm at a loss as to how to go about this. An "unexpected gesture...as an act of kindness". Lordy, this challange is going to be harder than I thought! Or maybe I'm making it harder than it needs to be. I mean an act of kindess could be to simply get my WH a glass of water while he's watching TV. Ok, I can do this.

No comments: