Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Love Dare: Day 9

Love Dare - Day 9
Think of a way to greet your spouse today to reflect your love for them, and then do it with a smile and enthusiasm.
I Peter 5:14
14Greet one another with a kiss of love. Peace to all of you who are in Christ.


Ok, this is easy. Because I always...ok I almost always, greet Mr Wonderful with enthusiasm. I am genuinely glad to see him, I love to hug and kiss him. It makes me feel very good and I'm sure it makes him feel good too. We are very affectionate people. There are times we lay in bed and just hold each other and talk. I think that closeness creates not only a physical intimacy but an emotional one as well. Mr Wonderful can be a real romantic and when he chooses he opens up about his feelings. We are each others best friend.

So far this challenge is helping me a lot. I'm looking at my husband as the man I fell in love with. I remembering those 1st few weeks and months that I really "saw" him for who he was and what I mean to him. Those things havent gone away or changed, they're just so covered up by the every day that it isnt always easy to see. This challenge is forcing me to dig deeper.

No comments: