Friday, May 15, 2009

Love Day: Day 11 & Happy Friday!

So, yesterday when I got home I came in the door, started dinner, talked to Monkey Face about her field trip to Ranger Stadium, nursed Piglet (successfully, with out the shield for the 3rd day in a row, thank-you-very-much!) than faced my challenge. I was tired and didnt want to get off the couch. I wanted to sit with my son and ::inahles & exhales:: ahhhh enjoy his sight and smell and feel while Monkey Face yammerd on (and on and on) about the songs they sang in the bleachers. But I commit ed to making my marriage a better thing so I hauled myself of the couch under the guise of checking the mail, went down stairs and cleaned out Mr Wonderful's car. Granted I didnt have time vacuum it (because dinner was still cooking) but at least I emptied it of the mess. I'm sure he will notice and appreciate that in the light of day. Because when he left for work this morning it was still dark.

Oh and you got to love waking up on a Friday morning to Aunt Flo. NOT! I was hoping that nursing would stave off that "gift" from God but obviously I am not a lucky one. I am SO tired, and so sore and so bloated. I think I'll go home tonight and eat ice cream. ^_^

Love Dare - Day 11
What need does your spouse have that you could meet today? Example: Choose a gesture that says “I love you" and do it with a smile.

Ephesians 5:28 (NIV)
28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.

I may be biased but I love this passage. It reads:

25Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church—

Now doesnt that sound like the type of husband a woman would want? I am slowly seeing this type of behavior emerging from my husband. I can only assume its because of this challenge. He's been so much more helpful and more attentive, asking me if I need or want anything. So to complete today's challenge I did something he's asked me to do. He needed a Dr appt, so I set it up. Simple but he wouldnt do it himself and I can since I sit at a desk. all. day. long

No comments: